- The ALE formalism is used for simulating this stationary process.
- The mesh is Eulerian (every nodes are moved back to their initial position after each step). This avoids to consider a very large Lagrangian mesh.
- The problem is axisymmetric.
- The wire is pulled from the top through a rigid die.
- The penalty method is used for the contact between the die and the wire.
- After a brief transient state, the stationary state is reached.
applications/ale/wire-extrusion.txt · Last modified: 2018/05/04 15:12 by boman