- Only the interesting part of the problem is meshed, thanks to the ALE formalism.
- The mesh is Eulerian in the rolling direction and Lagrangian in the transverse direction.
- The stationary state is reached by first clamping the sheet between the rolls and secondly making them rotate around their axis.
- The rolls are rigid and the sheet is thick.
- The free surface of the sheet in the outlet zone is automatically computed using spline remeshing.
- Eulerian convection of the Gauss points values is performed using a 1st order Finite Volume algorithm.
The comparison between ALE (above) and Lagrangian (below) models is presented:
applications/ale/cold-rolling.txt · Last modified: 2017/08/26 11:29 by boman